[aprssig] APRS Standard Connectors?

David Rush david at rushtone.com
Tue Nov 29 14:33:02 EST 2005

Mark:

I had considered Molex connectors, but they're rather large and clunky.  I
like having separate connectors for each function, as it provides the most
flexibility "in the field".  Multiple Molex connectors would get kinda ugly.

Your point about having the connectors lock in some sort of way is good
one, though (had a GPS connector come loose the other day after a wicked
bump in a construction zone).  And being available at Radio Shack is a
plus, here in the US anyway (at least the store closest to me still has them).

If I could find something that supports 3 conductors for the mic audio
(ground, audio, PTT) that's not plug compatible with anything else in the
system, and is readily available, I think I'd have a pretty good
system.  Maybe 3.5mm stereo, with opposite gender with respect to speaker
audio?  I'd still rather have something "more different" from the speaker
audio.

David, KY7DR