[aprssig] APRS Standard Connectors?

Mark Earle wa2mct at mearle.com
Tue Nov 29 14:15:35 EST 2005

At 02:07 PM 11/29/2005 -0500, David Rush wrote:
>Have there been any recent efforts at developing a "standard" for APRS
>connections?  Seems every time I have something new to wire up, I look for
>a better way to do it than custom wiring widget A to widget B.

My thoughts would be connectors that have some form of "locking". 3.5MM,
RCA, coaxial power, for instance, all cannot be locked to prevent
disconnection. I normally use plastic MOLEX connectors, with a row of pins
missing. When extra security/ locking is needed, a ty-wrap around the whole
thing keeps it together. (Ty-wrap goes where the pins are missing., for
instance on a 9 pin 3 rows x 3 rows, middle row is empty)