[aprssig] AGWTracker now with dynamic mapping capability built-in

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 11:23:42 EST 2005

Nice features, but not a lot of use if you're not "net" connected.  /M
or /P etc.

The ability to use the existing maps is good for someone migrating, but
as yet I've never got a correcty checksummed download from his site, so
have not managed to evaluate it.  Does it run in demo mode, or do you
need to register it from the very beginning?  If the latter, less
attractive.  Ui-View, though "Frozen" does at least work reliably, quite
an achievement concidering.....

Not had a great deal of luck with AGWPE either (neither have others I
know who tried it)  Seems to be a very good way to have to take the
battery out of the laptop to get control back.  Nice when it does work,
but out of 5 PC's I've tried various versions on (the plain packet
engine that is) only one chose to run it (this one) and that locked up
after 5 mins.  Also, not unsuprisingly, its very much a resource hog,
not leaving much processor time for other stuff, making the rest of the
PC run like an old 10Meg 286...   Tosh M30 Laptop, P4/1500M (no
hyperthreading), 256MB SigmaTell audio, XP-Pro SP2 and all updates
etc...

Thanks for the info, may take another look.

Dave G0WBX.