[aprssig] REF: APRS on 6m

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Nov 25 08:08:30 EST 2005

>I Operated 6M FM; 1200BPS in Tokyo for quite some
>time.  It was an EXCELLENT BAND for LOCAL , around
>town use.

Yes, 6m would make a GREAT APRS tracker band.
a 5W xtal controlled tracker could easily be build.
Just a small tracker, a cut down CB whip and let
it run.  No interference with your other ops on 2M
while mobile.

All one needs to do is put a 6m RX as an alt-input
to the existing 144.39 digipeaters.  This would
give local operations priority in any given area.
For the longest time one of the surplus houses was
selling 6m data receivers for something like $6.

Bob