[aprssig] REF: APRS on 6m

Matthew Stennett wa4tkg at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 00:38:44 EST 2005

I Operated 6M FM; 1200BPS in Tokyo for quite some
time.
It was an EXCELLENT BAND for LOCAL , around town use.

I don't believe I ever heard much in the way of band
openings
for 6m FM Packet, but then again, I wasn't on the air
all the time.
(I managed LOADS of DX / Band Openings several years
earlier
on Okinawa, with a 3Element CushCraft Yagi)
Anyway, this would be a GOOD, LOCAL use Packet
Band, if you care to do it.
I've considered it myself, but there is barely any
local 2M
FM Packet as it is, much less getting on 6; I'd be the
only
one on.  (like that guy on 7.105MHz; 300BPS; 24/7)
If enough people start up on a Simplex freq, I'm SURE
we could get something going.
MacRatt Matt; Previously
" The ONLY APRS Station in Japan "  (tm) (c;
registered)