[aprssig] I-Gate

Andy AB9FX ab9fx at aprs.pl
Wed Nov 23 12:18:45 EST 2005

What was mentioned months before on this list, there is problem with playing
back logs in UI-View. All historic frames are gated to server as new ones by
UI-View. Also another issue (some my friends from SP) told me, even on RF
they are gated if there is such configuration to send packets from Inet to
RF, and from played logs come historic packets, they are gated also by
UI-View to RF as actual packets. Solution, do not gate anything playing back
your logs in UI-View.
In W9TMW I suppose is another reason, packets are delayed constantly. Maybe
connection to APRS-IS passes through additional machine (server).
I use my UI-View as one way IGate and I've never spotted any delays on
APRS-IS.
73!
Andy