[aprssig] A truly good distro of Linux

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 11:54:36 EST 2005

I can confirm that this package or "distro" of Linux is first class...

To paraphrase a well known TV add, "It does what it says on the side of
the tin"

Thanks for the tip Mark.

The only thing of note, is that it prefers it if you have a FAT32
partition somewhere for it to put it's setup data, but that's not really
needed.  It will mount a NTFS volume when up and running, so transfering
data between OS's is realy easy.

You can run it with just the CD-ROM drive, and no temporary storage at
all, everyting living in RAM.  If the lights go out, when it does come
back, it's as it first started again.  A USB drive will work as the temp
store too, or other solid state disk systems.  Or, you could customise
the contents of the bootable CD.  It's fast too, and no slouch to boot
either, even from the CD...

There is a very active support forum too should you need it..

As mark said, this one is worth trying.

Dave G0WBX.