[aprssig] OpenTracker prototype / beta units for sale

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Tue Nov 22 00:12:15 EST 2005

I had a small batch of various prototype and development test boards made
recently, and I have a few units I'd like to get rid of - I'm done with
testing, they're perfectly usable, and I've got another batch of boards to
pay for.

I'll have other stuff available soon, but for now I've got a couple of
OpenTracker 1x prototypes available.  You can see one here:

http://n1vg.net/opentracker/images/ot1x.jpg

It's the same as a normal OpenTracker (and will always work with the
standard firmware), but has a different case, locking connectors (or some of
the prototypes do anyway), a larger regulator that'll provide 5 volts for a
GPS receiver, and can connect to a 1-wire weather station as-is.  The
prototypes have a mix of different parts I was testing, but functionally
they're all the same.

I'm asking $35 for these, as-is, domestic shipping included.  Not a bad deal
for an assembled and tested tracker.  Email me off-list if you're
interested.

Even if you're not interested in buying one, check out the picture and let
me know what you think of the new case.  It's about 1/2 inch longer than the
regular OpenTracker or TinyTrak3, and it's not quite as cool looking if you
ask me, but it's very solid, it's less expensive, and it allows the use of
locking DB9 connectors.  They can also be metalized for RFI protection,
though that would roughly double the price.

The assembled MR6 transmitter + OpenTracker board is no longer available, as
I got bored over the weekend and launched it on some party balloons.  =]

Scott, N1VG
http://n1vg.net/opentracker