[aprssig] DingoTel 2Way Two-Way Radio Internet Bridge ?

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sun Nov 20 21:54:14 EST 2005

William KI4HDU

> Has anyone seen this little thing?

I take it that this is the device you were referring to:
www.dingotel.com/2way/index.asp

> It looks like with the appropriate software, the hardware would be
> a great "soundcard" type TNC and easily allow multiple per computer
> and leave the standard soundcard available for other uses.

Looks interesting, and I can kind of see what you are getting at, but why
use the Internet to send tones using VOIP when you can send actual data?
TNCs and sound card based "software modems" have their place on RF. I don't
really see any point in using VOIP to send tones over the Internet when you
can send actual data in its native format over the Internet and much faster
than you could with a TNC or a soundcard-TNC using VOIP.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH