[aprssig] Pocket Tracker???

Stan Coleman [NØYXV] n0yxv at gihams.org
Sat Nov 19 21:37:00 EST 2005

First time I heard this idea it sounded like a simple easy way to setup an alt
input frequency. After I thought about it for a while I came up with only one
possible problem with it. If the Digi is listening on 144.99 and transmitting
on 144.39 it won't know about possible collisions it's creating on 144.39.

Just an idea but wouldn't it be better to try this idea with an IGate instead of
a Digi? Then you could transmit and receive on the same alt frequency. You could
even setup the IGate to tranmit certian calls from APRS-IS into your alt
frequency system. This would allow you to transmit from 144.39 over to your alt
frequency. At least this way you wouldn't create collisions on an already busy
channel.
--
Totally mad. Utter nonsense. But we'll do it because it's
brilliant nonsense.