[aprssig] SOS Radio

Andre PE1RDW aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Fri Nov 11 10:52:30 EST 2005

If history is any indication I doubt it will even work, we had cb
channel 9 as sos frequentie in the early days of cb, nobody was using
that channel because they respected it, the result was that when someone
placed an sos call nobody was there to respond and the sos caller moved
to the calling channel 14 or the local channel.

something that is probably going to work better is setting up an
internet linked network using two or three channels with a fixed tone
(unlicenced eqso and frn use chanel 5, 6 and 7 with tone 19 in the
european pmr channels)

Because pmr like frs  uses limited power with nondetachable antenas the
range is small enough te prevent overloading of the network, besides
eqso and frn (www.freeradionetwork.nl) communeties can also setup a link
with teamspeak or other voip software but duplex systems would be best
used in combination with a pmr/frs repeater.

73 de Andre PE1RDW