[aprssig] A funny packet story/joke (The KISS guys will get it)

Zeff_Wheelock at harvardpilgrim.org Zeff_Wheelock at harvardpilgrim.org
Thu Nov 10 15:03:08 EST 2005

Not to split hairs or anything:

> Switching to 64 bit memory addresses will thus provide 4.2 billion times 4.2 billion distinct
locations.

The actual math should be 4.2 billion x 4.2 billion + (4.2 billion x 4.2 billion).

If I was to go from 6 bit to 12 bit, 6 bit would be 32, 12 bit is 2048.
32x32= 1024, so you are missing by 1024.  So the math would be 32x32+(32x32) to get the answer.  I
think we are talking somewhere upwards to 18,446,744,073,709,551,616

Zeff Wheelock
Lotus Notes Administrator
x33741

zeff_wheelock at harvardpilgrim.org
zwheeloc at tiac.net
Yahoo mail & IM: ZWheeloc
AOL IM: ZeffWheelock   (Home - Forwarded when not on-line)
AOL IM: ZWheeloc  (Work)
Amateur Radio: KB1KVA

The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be privileged and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply and delete the message without saving, copying or disclosing it.  Thank you.