[aprssig] A funny packet story/joke (The KISS guys will get it)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 9 11:18:49 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Jacques C. Voisin wrote:

> How much longer is that funny nonsense going to last, it worse than the spam
> I get. Grow up!!!

What, KISS protocol is not of interest to you, so it won't be of
interest to anyone else on this list?

I implemented KISS protocol in Xastir (an APRS program, perhaps
you've heard of APRS?) a few years ago.

I implemented KISS protocol in SmartPalm (another APRS program for
PalmOS) just in the last couple of weeks.  Tested it this last
weekend on the air with a TNC-X and a Handspring Visor.

I'm working to implement KISS protocol in another project right now,
another APRS-related project.

Tell me this thread has nothing to do with APRS and I'll stop.  I
seriously doubt you can.  Perhaps you didn't read my last post, so
you have no idea the thread was tied back into KISS and APRS?

I thought anyone wanting to discuss technical issues with APRS,
KISS, anything else APRS-related were welcome to do so on this list,
and that threads which went too far astray were chased off by the
list admin, but maybe I got it backwards?