[aprssig] MOSIS design experience

Rich Osman rich at osman.com
Thu Nov 3 16:15:53 EST 2005

Cheap, works well, lasts a long time.

http://www.mosis.org/

What you get are a few untested, packaged chips.  The way this works is
they do
a wafer with a few hundred (or thousand) projects on it and everyone
shares the
cost. You pay for silicon (cheap,) Packaging (not as cheap,) and your share of
the NRE for the combined mask (big cost, but shared by many.)