[aprssig] UIView32 and The New Paradigm

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Thu Nov 3 15:41:26 EST 2005

Recently it was determined experimentally that WIDE1-1 must be included
in UIDIGI-ROM's UID list so that UIDIGI-ROMs would be interoperable with
KPC3's.  See http://dxspots.com/FIX14439_UIDIGI-ROM.html for the
recommended configuration.

This caused me to wonder if the same might be needed in the aliases list
of UIView32.  My ability to test with KPC3's is very limited, there is
only one close enough to me for me to hear it for testing, and then only
under exceptional propagation.  I can try to perform such testing, but
perhaps someone else has done so?

What I have determined experimentally is that with UIView32 acting as a
digipeater configuration for The New Paradigm, that without WIDE1-1 in
the alias list, a packet first heard by UIView32 with a route of
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 (and also WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1) is correctly digipeated by
surrounding UIView32 (2 of which are in range) as well as UIDIGI-ROM
digipeaters (8 of which are in range).

To do this testing I send a beacon with a route of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 (also
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1) from a very low power station, so low that it can be
heard only by the UIView32 digipeater a few hundred feet away.  Then I
listen, using AGWTerminalTCP, to surrounding digi's (where I have a
listening range of about 50 miles in daylight).  I will try to do this
when I have very good prop, typically a few hours before sunrise, to see
how the only KPC3 digi on the fringe of this area responds.

But perhaps someone else may already have the answer?

Ron, N5IN