[aprssig] Alinco DR-135T - EJ41U internal modem

hasan schiers schiers at netins.net
Tue Nov 1 13:01:10 EST 2005

Besides the fact, that once in KISS mode it doesn't work reliably. It is a
total FAILURE as a KISS tnc. Nice radio, useless tnc when most of the nice
aprs clients do their best in KISS mode, not to mention AGWPE, which gives
multiple applications access to the same radio, IF and ONLY IF, it works
properly in KISS (which it doesn't).

The D700 will work in KISS mode...I use it for PCSAT2 as one of 3 agwpe
ports (ui-view on 144.39 and ISS on 145.800). The D7 will NOT work
(reliably) in KISS mode, either.

We seem to go through this same conversation every year or so, when some
unsuspecting soul gets "snookered" by non KISS supporting hardware.

The problem is that all three radios respond to the KISS ON parm, but may or
may not support this mode properly, which leads to a lot of confusion, and
not a little disappointment.

...hasan, N0AN