[aprssig] Thundering Silence

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon May 30 22:29:55 EDT 2005

>>> ramirault at erols.com 05/30/05 3:15 PM >>>
>And how many of those hams ... do you expect to
>have APRS running on every vehicle they own??

All of them.  If I was doing something as fun and
exciting as participating in a national event, driving
hundreds of miles on a motorcycle, figuring a way
to add APRS to my bike would be #1 priority.

My point being that we all need to think about what
other hobbies and groups we belong to and we should
always introduce Ham Radio to others when we get
the chance.  Scouts, Bike Clubs, hiking clubs,
sailing and boating clubs, public service groups,
educatinoal groups, etc.

HAM radio is ideal for any activity that gets out
away from the TV and internet to enjoy the great
out doors...  But unless we always look for
opportunities to show our stuff, most of those
other folks will not even know that HAM radio
exists...

de WB4APR