[aprssig] Beacon Text: phgd/W3,SSn convention....

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed May 25 21:13:29 EDT 2005

>In the digi beacon comment - e.g., PHG5530/W3,SSn,
> I have read 2 conflicting reports on the W'n' parameter...
>One suggests that it should be the "suggested"
>value of "n" for the area; and the other as the LIMIT.

Good question.  I lean towards having it be the
RECOMMENDED hop count for general use.  But
then allowing one more hop for visitors.  If locals
abuse it and the load is still too high, then we
can trap above n as needed later.  In otherwords
here in the BIG east coast conflaguration of
packets, I wouild make it be W2,MDn for Maryland
but maybe allow W3 on some of the fringe digis...

de WB4APR, Bob