[aprssig] New NOAA NEXRAD Maps

Ken Patterson kenp at etex.net
Mon May 23 11:16:29 EDT 2005

I just heard from the local NWS office that NEXRAD radar images are now
available with features like roads, cities, etc. Thought I would pass along
the word.

Here are links to a couple of favorite sites.

Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/fws.html

and Key West, FL.
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/byx.html

Notice the tick boxes at the bottom of the image where different levels of
information can be selected.

Supposedly, all NEXRAD sites have the new maps operational. Try inserting
your favorite site in the above links & see if it works.

And now for the obligatory disclaimer: Your mileage may vary.

de Ken,
N5EQT