[aprssig] Digis in Central Ohio?

Robbie - WA9INF mwrobertson at comcast.net
Sun May 22 23:31:50 EDT 2005

Bob and all,

I set up one of my machines to use a filter port and used the "Friend"
filter for three stations that travel with APRS to Dayton, and a radius
of 20 miles from each of them..

On the morning of the opening, there were over 130 APRS
stations/trackers within 30 miles or so of the Hamvention. 20 or so was
on the grounds at one time or another.. I didn't stay glued to the
computer, but a couple times it hiccuped and reset itself, (piece of
junk!), :-( and lost a couple hours of logging.

It would be very interesting to learn just how many actually were there
with APRS trackers.. I have no way of knowing how many stations did not
get into the log, but will state that it looked pretty good.. That many
aprs station piled into such a small area, yet it looked like they all
made it..

It was an impressive showing either way!

Robbie