[aprssig] Digis in Central Ohio?

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sun May 22 13:34:13 EDT 2005

Remember, you had over 100 APRS stations active in the Dayton area at
the time.  Most were probably going out 2 to 5 WIDE's deep.  My guess is
that your pockettracker was getting clobbered and/or stepping all over
other stations transmitting.  Setting to RELAY wouldn't have help any,
in all likelihood, because the frequency was saturated.  Remember, those
IGates are home stations just like (in many cases they are) those RELAY
digis you want to hit.

Bottom line, you were transmitting in the blind at an extremely low
power on a frequency that was already saturated by an extraordinarily
large group of mobile and portable stations.  I am surprised your
balloon got any packets through at all.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net