[aprssig] APRServe??

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sun May 22 13:16:36 EDT 2005

This is a very old aprsxtra.txt file (APRServe is no longer even in
operation).  First, port 10151 has be deprecated for two reasons: it was
a history port which now only allows read-only operation and the size of
APRS-IS has made a full feed history port relatively useless.  Second,
many of the servers you list no longer support external connections or
they have simply gone away.  You can fine an up-to-date list at
http://www.aprs-is.net/aprsservers.htm

Finally, the traffic on APRS-IS has increased dramatically over the past
few years making it advisable to utilize server filter ports to reduce
the number of stations your client needs to handle.  More information on
the available filter options (found only on javAPRSSrvr servers) can be
found at http://www.aprs-is.net/javaprssrvr/javaprsfilter.htm  You can
use an APRS message addressed to SERVER to set the filter.  There may be
another way in recent WinAPRS versions, but someone else will need to
address that.

Hope this helps.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL