[aprssig] KPC-3 v8.2 release xxxx-7265 bug confirmed?

Doug Ferrell kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Wed May 18 14:05:00 EDT 2005

On Wed, 18 May 2005, Dale Blanchard wrote:

> I thought 8.2 was the version. how can you have a version of a version.
> Seems the next would be 8.3  My KPC+ came with V 8.2. My understanding
> is if I change to 8.3 the software changes the wiring to a single plug
> instead of
> being split between the two.

   Sorry I wasn't real clear about that. The version is 8.2 but the
complete firmware version is KPC3-3F427265-8.2

   My understanding is that the above "version" of the 8.2 was the last
before Kantronics discontinued the KPC-3. The KPC3-Plus has a different
release (the numbers before the -8.2) which is what my initial testing of
the new paradigm involved. I wanted to see if the behavior was different
is you used the exact same version level between two digi's.

   The version of 8.2 that I quoted above was supposed to work. Will
see...

--

...DOUG, KD4MOJ
http://www.kd4moj.org