[aprssig] Re: WIDEn-N and the New Paradigm for UIDIGI

wa7nwp at jnos.org wa7nwp at jnos.org
Sun May 15 14:32:54 EDT 2005

> 4) On the last hop leave an unmarked WIDE2T (WIDE2 Terminated), no digi
> will recognize that and the remainder of the path is not used any furter
> by any digipeater.
>
>     USER>APRS,DIGI1*,DIGI2*,WIDE2T,<remaining calls>

I use option 5)

    USER>APRS,DIGI1*,DIGI2*[,remaining calls]

Now that we're totally displaying the path the packet has taken,
and there's only "WIDEn-n" for generic paths.  I can't see
any reason to include the WIDE2 at the end of the string.  It
just wastes 40+ ms.   Originally we needed it to show that the
length of the path was 2 or 3 or N hops..  Now we can see that
by looking.

Bill