[aprssig] acquiring TIGER data for WinAPRS

aa8ei aa8ei at cinci.rr.com
Fri May 13 11:41:26 EDT 2005

I need to acquire the TIGER ASCII data. What I'd LIKE to do is acquire it
in total quickly, as opposed to downloading each piece, unzipping, saving,
and returning to the loop for each small detail file. I have the
state/county outlines. What I need are the remainder detail files.

Has anyone written a script or program, or know another way, to get an
entire state's full data without sitting at the keyboard for hours on end?
I have no problem setting up automation and letting the computer work all
night, but I have other things I need to do.

Downloading even one state's files individually is a real PITA. I'd
appreciate getting your copies if you already have OH, TN, WV, PA files.

Thanks for the help

Tony