[aprssig] High Tech Ham Radio Demo for Scouts???

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Tue May 10 11:21:28 EDT 2005

I know there are some Boy Scouters on here (Hi Bob) so maybe
you'll have some suggestions.

Next month I'll be particating with the local ham clubs demo
of Amateur Radio to a group of Boy Scouts who are on the
second night campout of a multi-day 50 mile hike.

This will be my second year.   Last year I sent a few
one liner Email messages with UI-View while the others
demonstrated HF and, I believe, Echolink.

This year I want to do far more.

I had a big idea.  Wow!.  I can hook up the quickcam, take
pictures of the kids and email them home with Airmail/Winlink.

Dohh.

Then I realized just how impressive the low res (10K or so) pictures on
a relatively slow link will be to a generation that's come to expect
near instanteous (and painless) delivery of megapixel images from
their cell phones.

What left for us "techies" that the teens don't have better and use
daily?

73,
Bill - WA7NWP