[aprssig] Help explaining packets

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue May 10 07:53:08 EDT 2005

Pete AE5PL wrote on 10/05/2005 4:10:53 AM PDT

> ... IGate implementations vary all over the place.  In
> this instance, the IGate is UI-View (APU25N) which _apparently_ is
> gating to RF regardless of whether it hears the sending station on RF.
> As development has ceased on UI-View, this will probably never be
> corrected.

UI-View32 will gate traffic to RF if the destination station is "local" as
defined in the IGATE.INI file in the "max digis for local" setting. If it is
set to zero, only stations heard direct will be considered local. If set to
1, stations heard via one digi would be considered local. If set for 2,
stations heard via two digis would be considered local, etc. If in your
location there a number of nearby IGates, setting it to zero would probably
be the best setting. If the nearest IGate is a few hops away, set it
accordingly. Maybe I'm misinterpreting your comment, but I don't think there
is anything in UI-View32 to be corrected, but perhaps the UI-View32 station
in question needs to adjust their IGate settings.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH