[aprssig] Weather Display and Xastir and Linux

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon May 9 12:06:48 EDT 2005

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Sun, 8 May 2005, Cap Pennell wrote:
>
> > With my MS Windows use of WeatherDisplay and APRS, to obtain new data from
> > the weather station I use the WXNOW.TXT file that WeatherDisplay can easily
> > be configured to routinely produce.  APRS (UI-View32 and APRS+SA and
> > WinAPRS) just uses that frequently updated text file.
> > Les, I don't know if this would help in your situation.  It may be slightly
> > different without MS Windows.  hi hi  I don't know whether XASTIR can obtain
> > data from the WXNOW.TXT file.
>
> Nope.

I wasn't aware that Weather Display was available for Linux until
just now.  Even so, they support only Windows and Linux at present,
not other Unixes or MacOSX.  Until they do, it probably won't be
worth our effort to write parsing code for it.

If any Xastir user thinks it important enough and writes/submits
patches for this, we'll gladly accept them!  Quite a few new
features have been added due to user support, and we appreciate it.