[aprssig] Weather Display and Xastir and Linux

Hal Mueller hal at seanet.com
Sun May 8 16:15:55 EDT 2005

I've been using the "meteo" package on my 600 MHz Linux box (a tiny,
completely silent micro-ATX beast).  You would AFAIK not be able to
have xastir and meteo talking to each other, but you would have all
functions on one box.

http://meteo.othello.ch/

The setup is this:
meteo runs on Linux box, stores data to mySQL database.
Apache also runs on the Linux box, serves only weather pages
a cron job on the Linux box generates a display page every 5 minutes,
uploads to CWOP and Weather Underground periodically.
another cron job on my company's main server fetches the display page
every 20 minutes

So if I want to see the weather in the house, I hit the baby Linux box
directly at its 192.168.xxx.yyy address.  Other users hit the web page
at http://www.mobilegeographics.com/loyalheights or the FINDU page at
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=cw1515

Hal
KE7BYN