[aprssig] Question abt recommended path

Ed L. Locklear, KF4CHG kf4chg at earthlink.net
Thu May 5 14:03:36 EDT 2005

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Thu, 5 May 2005, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>

>>So:  UI-View:  Use "APRS,WIDE2-2", which includes both the
>>destination address and the path all in one shot.  In this case PATH
>>is set to "WIDE2-2", and DESTINATION address is set to "APRS".
>>
>>Non-UI-View:  Use "WIDE2-2" or perhaps "WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1".
>>"WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1" is what we're suggesting mobiles use in the NWAPRS
>>region, which triggers the fill-in digi's as well.  This only sets
>>your PATH, no DESTINATION address is specified here.

UI-View can use the exact paths as any Non-UI-View program so long as a
destination has been set.  In the case of the original posting where he
is trying to use UI-View the destination and path can be either:

APRS,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2
APRS,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
or
APRS,WIDE2-2

I found that for mobile use (PATHS) WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 or WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
work quite well.  Of course any mobile station using the old
RELAY,WIDE,TRACE parameters are only heard direct and never digipeated
in our North Central Florida area.  We have 4 digi's set with the new
Trap-Out Solution ("L" Digipeater).  The performance of mobile stations
has improved signifantly.

Ed, KF4CHG
UI-VIEW/WINPACK
Registrar