[aprssig] SLA Chargers - Battery Question

Dale Blanchard wa7ixk at earthlink.net
Tue May 3 21:04:54 EDT 2005

Most of the batteries Hams are using are not Gel batteries . they are
all sealed lead acid, some are SLA but not gel, some are AGM
(aborbed glass mat) also called starved electrolite batteries. Every one
wants to call all sla batteries Gel batteries ,because
that was the first sealed lead acid battery. True Gell cell are not
normally used any more.
If it is a gel it will say so on the case. They are very critical on
charging. A  AGM battery will say so on the battery,
If it does not it will be a standard SLA battery. They are in effect all
SLA.