[aprssig] Prom Burners

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu Mar 31 17:19:39 EST 2005

kf4otn at ericsatcom.net wrote:

>Can someone point me in the right direction of a prom burner that
>would be capable of burning UIDIGI or DIGINED proms for TNC2 modems?
>
>Thanks,
>Eric KF4OTN

I have been using a Pocket Programmer from Xtronics for years now with
geat success.  I have probably made 50 sets of UI-DIGI proms with this
device.  This $149.95 unit connects to a parallel printer port and is
controlled by either DOS or Windows-based software.   Of possible
convenience, it can run directly from 12 VDC as well as from a 110VAC
wall wart.  (Very handy in the field when run from a laptop to tweak
digi settings at a remote site.)

By itself, it will program any 27xx-type eprom from a 2716 upward. A
variety of optional daughter boards that plug into the 40-pin ZIF socket
allow it to also program fuse-link PROMS, EEPROMS, PICS,  Atmel AVRS,
and numerous other devices.

Details at:
       http://www.xtronics.com/memory/EPROM.htm

Stephen H. Smith             wa8lmf (at) aol.com

Home Page:                   http://wa8lmf.com

New/Updated "Rev G" APRS     http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/aprs
Symbols Set for UI-View,
UIpoint and APRSplus: