[aprssig] Optima Batteries?

Brad [VE3BSM] lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com
Thu Mar 31 09:28:58 EST 2005

 Personally I feel that you would be better off with a KPC3(+) a Yaesu
VX150, a 17 AH gelcel, and a couple of sections of Rat Shack mast than
trying to power a D700 for any period of time from even a 75AH battery. 5
watts and 20-30 feet of mast will usually trump 45 watts and 8 feet of
antenna. The overall lightness of the setup I am suggesting also means it
could be carried farther up the mountain to be placed and useful.
<<<

There's also some great fiberglass mast sections & kits available that are
even lighter to carry and set up. Something like
"http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4672&item=5764172320
". I have a similar setup (from a different source, and only four sections),
using a Rat Shack tripod and rope guys for a very nice light setup that's
quick to deploy.

Brad.
VE3BSM