[aprssig] Fine Tuned New n-N Paradigm Filters

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Mon Mar 28 19:01:38 EST 2005

On Mar 28, 2005, at 3:16 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Just look at the uses of APRS:  For WX, for Mobiles,
> For INFO Queries, for DFing for storm chasing, for
> local events, for state-wide nets, for internet messaging
> for FINDU tracking...

Just look at all the uses of the world-wide IP network we have today:
instant messaging, web, email, video, connected streams, datagrams,
short haul, long haul, slow links, fast links.  Because it was designed
like a network the users don't have to care what the MAC address of
their default router is in order to connect to a web server.  APRS
should be the same way.

>   All of these may need a DIFFERENT
> path setting based on the SENDERS intent.

They may need a different destination _address_, but the _network_
should know what path (route) is needed to get the data to that
destination.  This is how networks are designed.

-Jason
kg4wsv