[aprssig] APRS+SA (v2.24) filter question

Mark Earle wa2mct at mearle.com
Sat Mar 19 09:03:01 EST 2005

OK.. I have a line like this in the
\aprs\data\aprserve.txt

first.aprs.net 14580 /m1700

This "should"? If I understand things give me positions within 1700km of my
station, once I send a posit.

It seems to send me nothing. Is there a trick to sending javaaprs filter
commands with APRS+SA? This is the first time I've wanted to try this..
usually I just connected to a "pre defined" filter port, with a line like this:

first.aprs.net 14578

That works fine but I need something that isn't predefined.

Have googled and not really come up with the answer.

       ) )    de WA2MCT Mark
      ( (
       ) )    You will be assimilated... oooh, coffee!!    EL17HQ
    _|****|   http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?wa2mct-8 Home
   ( |    |   http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?wa2mct-9 Mobile
    `|____|   wa2mct at mearle.com  wa2mct at juno.com  www.mearle.com/mark