[aprssig] differential corrections available to public

Ian ik7565 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 19 07:50:25 EST 2005

I've heard that 2D differential fixes can be less accurate than 3D
non-differential fixes.  So if you're someplace where you don't have a good
view of satellite 35 (east coast) or 47 (west coast) due to foliage canopy
or some other multi-path condition then there might be an issue. Also having
WAAS enabled will disable battery-saving algorithms on some GPSs since the
GPS needs to hear from bird 35 or 47 continuously.

Ian N8IK