[aprssig] Icon/Overlay question

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Mar 16 16:57:35 EST 2005

>>On Mar 16, 2005, at 1:40 AM, Phillip B. Pacier wrote:
>... Is there  a standard icon/overlay for a station that is
>both a digi and an  IGate?

If it is truely a wide area digi, serving a reasonable and
unique area from a good location (not just a RELAY digi)
then I would use the DIGI symbol with an "I" overlay.
As Steve says, most software recognizes an IGate by
its special IGATE beacon and will so mark any IGate
station independent of its symbol.  (APRSdos draws
a white circle around an active IGate)...

Bob

de WB4APR, Bob