[aprssig] APRS System Overriding Fundamentals

rcluster at rgisp.com rcluster at rgisp.com
Thu Mar 10 14:05:51 EST 2005

> I need maps, not vectors, displayed. If you have seen the NationalG's topo
> maps, you know the kind of detail I am looking for. PM3, SA, other common
> software doesn't show all the back roads of interest, though they do show
> much useful material.
>
> If APRS could display using NG TOPO I would have the bull by the horns.

I have made gif/bmp maps (can't recall which) from NG TOPO! OREGON and
used them in UI-View32. If you use the new PMapServer7 with Precision
Mapping 7 you can even display both maps overlayed together. The TOPO
gif/bmp could be marked up with any type of info you want using a drawing
program. Could even make changes during an event although that would be a
few additional steps.

73.....Ron.....AC7TK.....(-9 when mobile)
UI-View32 iGate in Eugene, OR