[aprssig] TM-271A

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Thu Mar 10 13:45:37 EST 2005

The Alinco DR-135T (non tnc version) has all the needed signals on a
single 9 pin Dsub connector on the back.  The pins provide Squelch (open
collector output), Audio out (independent of the volume control), Audio
in, Ground, PTT (open collector output) and 5 volts at 50 ma power.  The
5 volt power output is insufficient to power much, I do not use it.

I have been using the DR-135T with a TinyTrac for about a year.

I did connect a MFJ1270C to that same connector as a test and it worked
just fine.

The only obvious problem with this radio is that if you leave the
microphone plugged in it will introduce ambient noise into your
transmitted signal.  So I run with the mic unplugged, although unless I
have 'tunes' on real loud it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Ron, N5IN