[aprssig] TM-271A

Doug Ferrell kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Thu Mar 10 13:39:09 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Keith - VE7GDH wrote:

> Andy wrote March 09, 2005 10:58 PM PST
>
> > only European version is with packet connector (E MARKET MODELS ONLY) -
> > see manual page 7.
>
> Since Yaesu stopped producing the FT-1500, is there any VHF transceiver of choice with a data connector for APRS use these days? I know some of the dual-band rigs have a data port, but is anyone making a VHF only rig with a data port these days? I bought a used FT-1500 about a year or so back, followed by a new one, and later a bunch of new & used ones off eBay. They are hard to find these days.
>
> 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
> --

   Get yourself a used FT-2600.... RS-232 built in the radio. My two
digi's run 2600's... one has been up over 5 years now 24/7. I don't know
Yaesu stopped making them... a great radio. I would have bought more if I had
known that the "special" price of $105 was a CLOSEOUT! ARGH!!!!!!!!

--

...DOUG, KD4MOJ
http://www.kd4moj.org