[aprssig] TM-271A

Charles R Schultz k4cay at cableone.net
Wed Mar 9 14:07:56 EST 2005

I don't have any personal experience with the 271, but I've had a 261 for a
very long time, and the 271 looks like a good evolution of that radio, with
the front firing speaker, more memory channels, a lower price, more power(?)
and, theoretically, even sturdier construction.

The 261 has been pretty bulletproof, with only a couple occasions of
user-induced programming failure.  It's still riding around with me after
nearly 10 years, I think.

Chuck K4CAY