[aprssig] TM-271A

Josh Keller jeepin95 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 9 13:46:13 EST 2005

I just got one last week for my girlfriend who just got her tech. It
seems to work well for as little as I have used it. The rig came highly
recommended by the log truck drivers who frequent the repeater I hang
out on. They found it was the best built to withstand the constant
pounding they take in the log trucks after going through a number of
other radios. The only thing I don't really like about it is the fact
there there is just low power (25W) and high (60W). I would rather have
an extra low of maybe 10, but that isn't a big deal. If you operate at
high for an extended period it does get pretty hot, but that wasn't
really a concern in my case as 5W would even be plenty 99% of the time.

Josh