[aprssig] Does UI-View have a decaying algorithm? Where is it?

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Mar 7 20:50:33 EST 2005

John K wrote on 07/03/2005 4:51:07 PM PST

> As I said before APRS style messaging in UI-View is broken and all the
> kings men using all the semantic tricks in the world can't change that fact.

You're right. Only the announcements and bulletins have a decaying algorithm. Regular messages are sent the number of times and at a non-decaying rate that the user specifies. Therefore, it's a useless program. I suggest that you uninstall it and use another one. I wouldn't want to rely upon you in an emergency if you were using the wrong tools.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH