[aprssig] APRS Message Idea

Ken Collins g4fip at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 13:56:47 EST 2005

In message <s22c1c1c.065 at FSGWHUB.usna.edu>, Robert Bruninga
<bruninga at usna.edu> writes
>I think what I said was that UIview does have re-try-on-heard that can
>make up for some of the fixed-rate-transmission problems
>for messages.

UI-View does have a decaying algorithm. UI-View32 has a retry on heard
algorithm.

Until 2-3 years ago both versions of the program had a decaying
algorithm but, following numerous requests from US stations to change
it, Roger implemented retry on heard with a customizable fixed rate.

I hope that clarifies the situation.

--
Ken Collins - G4FIP
E-mail:- g4fip at tiscali.co.uk