[aprssig] RE: IGate Abuse (Firenet Data)

Lee lee.inman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 08:35:57 EST 2005

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 08:22:52 -0700, dick at kb7zva.com <dick at kb7zva.com> wrote:

> Sounds great to me. You described exactly what the IGate sysop is doing.
> He has been asked numerous times to stop flooding Firenet data out to RF
> beyond of his local area of coverage. The problem is, he is responsible
> for Firenet, not just a mis-guided sysop. The excuse given is that law
> enforcement and government agencies want to see it. I'd be more than happy
> to copy the emails I get from hams that don't want to see it on RF.

Dick,

I've been part of FireNet for most of its existence and have yet to
hear that any of our group is flooding RF with packets from FireNet or
anywhere else. Tell you what, you show me evidence of "flooding" and
I'll be more that happy to work with whoever it is to get things
fixed. Otherwise...

Lee, K0QED