[aprssig] APRS Message Idea

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Mar 4 16:03:20 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Wes Johnston wrote:

> I wish more APRS clients used the decay model.

Since we switched Xastir over to that model a month or two ago I've
played a lot with messaging, and it really flies!  Of course we have
some of the other optimizations in there as well, like reply-acks,
which also help tremendously.

All-in-all a big improvement over when we were using fixed timing.