[aprssig] Incorrect Position, I think...

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Mon Jun 27 23:48:18 EDT 2005

At 09:00 PM 6/27/2005, Tom Russo wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 07:37:09PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron
>collision of the <kb0kqa at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> > Looking on findu, it appears to be in NC.  Looking at the position of
> > one of the digis in it's path (WX4GSO-9), it appears to be in findu.
> >
> > Looking at the packet you pasted, I believe it appears to have been
> > taken off the APRS-IS and put back on RF by K5MJE-2.
>
>Yes, I've been seeing this one lately, too.  His posit is being reinjected
>onto RF by K5MJE-2 and sent out over a WIDE3-3 path.
>
>I know both K5HAB and K5MJE, they're local in Albuquerque.  I don't know if
>K5MJE-2's igate is doing this automagically, or if K5HAB is doing it
>deliberately.  I'll contact them.

         Aww... It isn't a problem out HERE -- I just knew K5HAB is from
Albuquerque and thought something was wrong to make his position show up in
NC with a path of K5MJE-2,ELKMTN,FTSUMN,MELROZ,WIDE3*.  I wouldn't bother
them with it, unless it's causing problems in Albuquerque.

         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info