[aprssig] Kenwood d7 & D700 drifting OT

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 16:51:21 EDT 2005

From: "Robert Bruninga" bruninga at usna.edu

...[snip]

With only one exception.  If you have to tune in the AIRCRAFT AM band, is the only thing that and A can do that B cannot.  But there are all kinds of things that B can do that A cannot.  SO except for the one exception above, it makes little sense to waste band B on APRS.....

Bob

  Bob'n Folks,

  I know this ain't a D700 sig, but...

  Not quite on the D700.  Only the A side tunes 222 (200-300) as well.

Gotcha:

    When the A side is on 222 (there is a 1200 baud 222 DX cluster in Mchenry IL.) the B-side 2M Rx reverts to hither-to-fore the un-published balsa setting (menu 9-3-Z) (:-).  Would someone else verify this?

    I wanted to watch the packet cluster and symul listen to the NIDXA on-air Packet-Talker announce, but the local 2M clusters are all 9600 & I just wanted to go to a  222 memory on Rx A.  When I did this, I thought I had killed my 2M Tx!!  'cuz I could only "key-up" very close repeaters.  Until I realized that I just wasn't hearing them key-up.  My oaken 2M Rx fooled me.

Here's the skinny.  I went out to the car and got my CSFTYDUOETR (Cheat-sheet-for-things-you-don't-use-often-enough-to-remember  --gotta get a better acronym).   Note the minor differences (*) in coverage for the "same" bands, A vs. B Rx.

A side norm

136-200 *1  (wider range than B)

400-470 *2

A side sub: