[aprssig] Packet routing, path specification.

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Thu Jun 23 12:19:40 EDT 2005

> I suspect encouraging all these users of brain-dead TNCs that send out
> $GPGGA sentences to switch to a tracker that can produce MIC-E
> sentences would have a _much_ greater impact on bandwidth utilization
> than eliminating messaging.

I'd suggest that brain dead trackers should be replaced with TNC's and
flexible application software.   A tracker gives you a small portion
of APRS functionality and no "communications" capabilities.

By changing the path on the fly, or using better software to control
the path, you can probably more then make up for the few extra bytes
created by the long NMEA sentences.

Bill - WA7NWP