[aprssig] Designating HOME Igates

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jun 18 18:16:41 EDT 2005

ARGH!
The goal of APRS was to have a standard for comunications
so that users could have consistent expectations and
consistent operations.  We must get these things fixed!

With the New-N Paradigm we are now making progress
towards a simple and universal PATH recommendation.
Now maybe it is time to start looking at IGates and start
nailing down what exactly they are supposed to do and
how...  and weeding out the ones that are broke...

>>> greg at clubnet.net 06/18/05 1:17 PM >>>
I'm not sure whether UI-View supports "courtesy positions" either.  I
remember messaging to a friend of mine in Phoenix a while back, and
we noticed that my posits were not being sent through the local
Phoenix IGate. The Phoenix IGate was running UI-View software.  I
also checked this with another station back east that was using a UI-
View IGate and had the same results.  It seems that either the
courtesy positions aren't supported or that feature is configurable
and wasn't selected.  Given the popularity of UI-View, there would
seem to be a high probability of this feature not being supported in
many areas.

Greg
WB6ZSU